Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Green tea Marble cake: 抹茶マーブルケーキ

 My eldest sister came to stay with  me for 3 weeks and yes, we had a really good time together. And one of the thing that my family love most is eating, so it's my duty to make something delicious for her too.



 She love to everything with green tea, and so do I. Yesterday, I just wanted to bake something, haha, and I asked her "Do you want to eat green tea cake?", I knew she would say yes.
But I didn't want to make green tea pound cake, because the taste of the green tea can be overwhelming, I wanted it to be mellow. So, I chose marble cake instead, with both butter and green tea batter, the cake has right balance of rich, sweet and bitterness. I didn't want the cake to be too sweet, so I adjust the amount of the sugar and butter.
The cake is moist but if you can wait, let it stay overnight before eating (cover with plastic wrap and keep in room temperature) and it will be more delicious ^^.
Serve it with a cup of tea is my ideal way of serving but, it's your cake just eat it the way you like, haha.

Green tea Marble cake 
Make 1 loaf (21.5 X 7.5 cm)


130g ......................... Unsalted butter
170g ......................... Icing sugar
2 ............................... Eggs
145g ......................... All purpose flour
1/2tsp ....................... Baking powder
.................................. Pinch of salt
8g ............................. Green tea powder (Matcha)
40g ........................... Milk


Preheat an oven to 180C.
Line 21.5 x 7.5 cm loaf pan with baking paper.


 Beat the butter until smooth.
Add the icing sugar gradually and beat until light in color.


 Lightly beat the eggs and pour into the bowl.


 Beat until smooth.


 Sift flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.


 And fold until combine.

 Put 1/3 of the batter into a new bowl.
Sift green tea powder and pour milk into the bowl.


 Mix to combine.


 Spoon into the plain batter bowl.


 Fold only 1 time.
 And spoon into the prepared pan and tap to smooth the top.


 Use bamboo stick to create marble effect.



Put the cake into the oven and reduce the temperature to 170C.
Bake for 50-55 minutes (if the top brown becomes brown, cover with aluminum foil, and bake until done). 
Let the cake cool into the pan for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and let it cool completely.


Green tea Marble cake: 抹茶マーブルケーキ

5 comments:

  1. น่าทานมากๆ ค่ะ

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful marble effect.is your butter at room temperature or
    chilled? thank you for sharing, love reading your blog.
    Ade-SG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this green tea recipe. I tried it after work and it turned out great! I served it with a glass of cold milk to my husband, for first time he appreciated and I’m very happy about it.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...