Saturday, May 23, 2009

Strawberry and Pistachio Financier: Lovely green and red!

I love the color of this financier, green and red, like a little jewel ^ ^. This recipe is the combination of 2 flavors, rich from the nut and tangy from the strawberry, and the strawberry give this financier the great fragrance too.

I made these financiers with an idea of easy afternoon tea, a small treat that is not heavy in both appearance and the taste. I thought about the berry, floral or herbals tea, not the darkest or bitter one. And yes this one is answer my need, it's great with berry or floral tea, the texture of the financier, the crunchiness of the chopped nut when combine with a softness of the baked strawberry, it's delicious.

I think about using other kinds of fruit too, like a small blueberry of raspberry, well, it might need some experiment ^ ^.
Anyway, when it cames to the tea time treats, the possibility is unlimited.

Note: I use silicone pan so I don't need to grease the pan before put the batter in, but if you using other kinds of pan make sure your pan is greased and floured. The pan that I use is petits- fours pan (about 4X2cm) but you can make this financier in mini muffin tins but you will get less pieces (about 20 pieces).




Strawberry and Pistachio Financier
Makes 25 pieces (4 cm x 2 cm)


50g
Almond powder
80g
Pistachio (skin removed)
20g
Pistachio (skin removed and chopped)
75g
Butter
80g
Icing sugar
30g
Cake flour
3
Egg white (about 90g)
20
Small strawberry (cut into 1 cm pieces)



Melt the butter in the pan over low heat, until the milk solids sink to the bottom of the pan and begin to brown. Remove the pan from the heat and let the butter cool completely.(it’s called “Beurre noisette”)
Pour the golden liquid into a bowl discard the brown solid.

Put 80 g pistachio into the food processor bowl, process until fine. Pour flour, almond powder, and icing sugar into the same bowl, and process until powdery.
Sift the mixture into the mixing bowl.

Pour the melted butter into the flour mixture, mix to combine.
Mix in the egg white in 2 additions, until homogeneous.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate the batter for 2 hours.

Before baking preheat the oven to 180°C


Scoop the batter into the pan (if using metal pan, brush it with butter).
Put the strawberry on top of the batter, and sprinkle with chopped pistachio (lightly press the nut into the batter).
Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.


Strawberry and Pistachio Financier: Lovely green and red!

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    i am a silent viewer, just love to drop by and admire your everso pretty pastry and bread. one day, will pluck enough courage to try your receipe but at moment can only salivate at your yummy bakes, thank for sharing so much of your skills, experience and knowledge.
    regards
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I love that you put pictures step,by step. since I was looking for an easy financier recipe for Valentine's Days for my husban which is almost around the corner.I always making this with my mother in law for christmas following her instructions but never learn I guess I as nervouse and worry to screw up in front of her but now this will make easy for me get courage to finally baking by my self Thanks for sharing definitely this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks this will make my day ^j^

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...