Sunday, May 3, 2009

Puffy Twist Donut: Easy treats for everyone!

It started from the moment that my sister turn on the TV, the picture of the golden fried donut was on the screen, and then she turned to me and told me that "I really want to eat donut.".

And it's Sunday morning, how can I let her down when there are a lot of time, ^_^. I took the flour and other ingredients, then after a little bit of kneading, resting, twisting and frying, I can give her what she ask for.
After that, my donut was gone in front of my eye!
I know that many people love donut, it's a bit of childhood memory plus the love for fried food, haha. because I have to admit that I really love fried food, and I just can't resist it!

This donut is easy to make (oh, you know me I don't like anything difficult, >*<, I think it's happy when you don't have a stress so why make difficult thing). Kneading is easy too, and you can make this treats without an oven. It might be the good start for anyone ho want to make their own bread but don't have the oven yet, ^_^. So, don't be afraid, just grasp all the ingredients and when into the kitchen, you will get your delicious treats for less than 2 hours.



Puffy Twist Donut

Makes 8


200g

Bread flour

20g

Sugar

½ tsp

Salt

1tsp

Instant yeast

150cc.

Milk

30g

Unsalted butter


Oil for frying


Superfine sugar





Put the flour, the sugar and yeast in a bowl, whisk to combine, add and salt whisk again. Pour the milk into the bowl.

Use large spoon (or pastry scraper) to mix everything together, and knead briefly to bring all the ingredients together.

Take the dough out of the bowl and knead, you will see the dough will be elastic after about 2 minutes.

Add the butter and knead (see the picture in Hand knead bread making - How to) by using the heel of your hands to compress and push the dough away from you, then fold it back over itself. Give the dough a little turn and repeat. Put the weight of your body into the motion and get into a rhythm. Keep folding over and compressing the dough. Knead for 6-8 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, smooth and slightly shiny, almost satiny.

Put the dough into a light buttered bowl. Let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size (can be 1 hour or 1 hour and a half check often depend on the temperature).

Cut the dough into 8 pieces and roll into a ball, let the balls rest for10 minutes.
Roll each ball into a rope about 20 cm. long.
Twist each side of the rope into opposite direction (roll one side up, and the other side down).

Hold each end up, the dough will twist together.
Place the finished twists on the baking sheet, let them rest for 30 minutes.

Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 170°C. Gently place the donuts into the oil. Cook until golden on both sides, then remove to drain on paper towels. Place the donut in the bowl of superfine sugar, turn to coat the donut with the sugar, transfer to a cooling rack placed in baking pan.

Puffy Twist Donut: Easy treats for everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I simply cant belive it could actually find the recipe with methods on making twist donuts. I LOVEEe this twist donuts but never seem to get the recipe that is so clear and with pictorial methods.

    Thank you so much. I shall try this out on weekends :))

    Mico (Spore)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooo easy and yummy! I tried this today and couldn't believe how easy it was. It just so differnt from other doughnut recipe! I just fell in love with it from the first time I tasted it. Also my friends, they were enjoying themselves and no one thought about the calrories anymore. Hahaha. Thank you so much for this Yummy recipe!

    P.S. I was a fan of yours for quite some time, but this was the first time I have a chance to try your recipe. Anyway everything in this site looks so delicious. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Zan

    I'm so glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone possibly have the measurements for the flour, milk, and sugar converted to cups or tablespoons?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! I've made this today , it turns out great!! Love it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. it would be great if the recipe was in cups and such. Who wants to look all over to try and convert a recipe and who uses cc in a measurment. Sorry but i think ill use the Asian recipe this one is hard to figure out and i dont want to waist the ingredients i have

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can use the table here (http://dailydelicious.blogspot.com/2007/11/basic-pastry-ingredients-weights-and.html) to convert the gram into cup ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dailydelicious! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, I have been looking for doughnuts like this since I left Jamaica. This is simple and it came out soooo good. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so going to try this receipe fowarded to.me by my relation. Thank you very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...