Saturday, March 7, 2009

Crunchy Macadamia and White Chocolate Cookies

It's a long time since my last post, well, there are some moment that you have a lot of things to do but so little time. I had a lot of work and less time to bake >*<. Anyway, yesterday I had a request from my auntie, she wanted me to bake some cookies for her doctor.

So, I rushed to the kitchen and start baking, haha. I choose the Macadamia and White Chocolate Cookies, I keep this book in the kitchen rather than my room. I really love it and I use it a lot). Because I want the cookie that is a bit dry, so it will be good for traveling.

This cookie has no egg too, so it can stand for sometime (I think about a week). I add the salt into the ingredient list, but if you using salted butter you can omit it or the cookies will be salty.
The texture is crunchy and crumby, for me it's the perfect gift. But if you don't want to bake it for anyone, just making this cookie for yourself, it will be the best gift for you too.


Ready to go!


Crunchy Macadamia and White Chocolate Cookies
Makes about 20


170g
Unsalted butter, soften
115g
Brown sugar
225g
Plain flour
½ tsp
Bicarbonate of soda
55g
White chocolate, chop into small pieces
55g
Macadamia nuts,chop into the same size as the chocolate
¼ tsp
salt



1. Heat the oven to 180°C Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.


2. Cream the butter and sugar together using an electric beater until pale and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda together and add to the butter mixture along with the chocolate and nuts. Bring together to form a dough.


4. Roll large teaspoonfuls into balls (I use the scoop #40), and place on the prepared baking sheets about 5 cm apart. Flatten them lightly with your hand.
5. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on the baking sheets before moving them, with a palette knife, to cool down on a wire rack.


Crunchy Macadamia and White Chocolate Cookies

3 comments:

  1. Hihi, I made these cookies and turn out very sweet... :(.. is it the white chocolate I used or is there any possibility to decrease the amt of sugar/chocolate? Or can I replace semi sweet chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you found it too sweet, I think you should use semi sweet chocolate instead of white chocolate ^^.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...